View Position Description
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
- Contract until end of June 2018
- Milton, Brisbane location
Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Overview of ANFPP
Established in Australia in 2008, the Australian Nurse-Family Partnership Program (ANFPP) is funded by the Australian Government and is part of its commitment to improve the health of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island people, with particular focus on maternal health and early childhood development. The ANFPP is a licensed adaptation of the internationally recognised Nurse Family Partnership®, with over 30 years of research showing compelling evidence of its effectiveness in improving pregnancy outcomes, child health and development, and parental life course.
The primary purpose of the Curriculum Coordinator is to update and maintain ANFPP program education materials to ensure currency with NFP® and Australian license and intellectual property requirements, and cultural safety through established review and governance processes.
A Terms of Reference providing further details of this opportunity is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- Participate as a member of the Program Implementation Support Team, including support and guidance to the ANFPP Educators and other team members and provide support and build collaborative relationships with partner organizations
- Being accountable for ensuring that the ANFPP core education curriculum is current and updated as per program requirements and any direction from the Regents of University of Colorado;
- Review and update educational course content and appropriate learning strategies for adult learners to ensure ANFPP core curriculum requirements are met
- Incorporate Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander learning techniques
- Research and develop resources to support training and education delivery
- Facilitate the analysis of course evaluations
- Review and update relevant educator materials required to successfully deliver training
- Engage with all NPC staff and industry specific consultants to assist with curriculum design and review
- Transition elements of education into online learning platform with considerations of best practice in the use of new technologies and various media formats
- Championing the ANFPP whilst modelling behavior congruent with ANFPP practice; and
The preferred applicant will have:
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated proficiency in curriculum design for a variety of learning styles, building and deploying e-learning technologies, including online interactive activities and content;
- Previous experience in curriculum design and writing in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander sector;
- Experience in the development of creative and engaging training materials for an adult audience, in a variety of formats and media as well as storyboarding and user guides;
- Highly developed ability to interpret requirements, manage the preparation of high quality student and teaching resources;
Further Information & Application
- Expertise in online learning management system to support online teaching and learning, or willingness and capacity to learn this;
Further information in regards to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at: http://www.abtassoc.com.au/careers/job-search/.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website, and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above. We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Monday, 18th December 2017
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
We welcome and thank all applicants, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.
|Country / Region:
||Australian Indigenous Health
||Head Office (Contract/Temp)