- Locally Engaged Personnel
- Full time, 1 year (with possibility of extension)
- Based in Dili with travel to municipalities as required
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to enhance human development over the next decade. PHD’s goal is to strengthen social capital in Timor-Leste through strengthening services, increasing community engagement and linking civil society to decision makers to improve access to services. PHD supports sectoral investments in health, education, sanitation and water and mainstream nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection.
Abt Associates Australia is the implementation partner for PHD and is contracted until 2021 with a possible five-year extension.
The PLMP Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the management and implementation of the PLMP program in close coordination with the Senior Education Mentors and Education Technical Lead. Responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Working closely with the Education Senior Management Team to plan, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the PLMP program.
- Working closely with the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MOYES) to develop government capacity at all levels, with aim to co-ordinate and effectively deliver the program.
- Supporting the Disability Officer in coordinating all aspect of Inclusive Education activities.
- Lead the coordination and support for the monthly mentor meetings to plan, review, monitor and evaluate progress, and support mentors to maintain ongoing communication with accompaniers.
- Working closely with all Education Mentors to assure effective and sustainable implementation of PLMP program based on the PLMP components.
- Leading data collection and report writing as required to demonstrate the effectiveness of the PLMP program.
- Bachelor and/or postgraduate degree in education, preferably in basic education.
- At least five years of similar work experience in the international or development sector.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build, maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Excellent written skills in English with ability to produce high quality program reporting.
- Advance working knowledge in using of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Further Information and How to Apply
Full details on the Terms of Reference for this position can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://www.abtassociates.com.au/careers/job-search/
Applications can be lodged through PHD Human Resources email firstname.lastname@example.org - please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter.
Closing date: Monday 18 February 2019 (11pm Timor-Leste)
We welcome and thank all applications received, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.