- Locally Engaged Personnel
- Full time, 1 year (with possibility of extension)
- Based in Dili with travel to municipalities as required
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to enhance human development over the next decade. PHD’s goal is to strengthen social capital in Timor-Leste through strengthening services, increasing community engagement and linking civil society to decision makers to improve access to services. PHD supports sectoral investments in health, education, sanitation and water and mainstream nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection.
Abt Associates Australia is the implementation partner for PHD and is contracted until 2021 with a possible five-year extension.
We are seeking two Program Coordinators to join the Professional Learning and Mentoring Program (PLMP) team:
- PLMP Program Coordinator – Training and
- PLMP Program Coordinator – Sustainability
Under the direction of the PLMP Program Manager, the coordinators will be responsible for coordinating the PLMP program. Both coordinators will have a discrete portfolio to oversee, with a focus on overseeing training and providing support to program phase 1-4. The PLMP Program Coordinator – Sustainability will also responsible for the sustainability of program phase 5. Responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Supporting the program team and partners in all aspects of work including implementation of the new curriculum and associated Leadership / Mentoring Programs components.
- Coordinating with all Education Mentors, the PLMP Training Officer and Disability Officer as well as Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MoEYS) officers at relevant levels of the education system to bring together program activities planning and implementation; such as field trip plans, monthly meetings, trainings, data collection and reporting.
- Coordinating and liaising with the Education Program Training Officer and all Education Mentors in preparatory activities including providing leadership training, mentor induction training and planning for school-based mentoring support and GTPs.
- Coordinating monthly mentor meetings to develop progress reports, and support mentors to maintain ongoing communication using a collaborative process in celebrating successes and overcoming challenges.
- Working collaboratively with the Education team and partners to collect quality and collate data from review processes.
- Bachelor and/or postgraduate degree in education, preferably in basic education.
- At least five years of similar work experience in the international or development sector.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience in high quality and extensive classroom teaching in child-centred and active learning principles.
- Leadership experience in schools and/or education contexts and other relevant environments with a good understanding of strategies which will support successful professional learning processes.
- Proficiency in English, Tetum, Bahasa Indonesia and Portuguese is highly preferred.
- Advance working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Further Information and How to ApplyFull details on the Terms of Reference for this position can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://www.abtassociates.com.au/careers/job-search/
Applications can be lodged through PHD Human Resources email email@example.com - please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter.
Closing date: Tuesday 19 February 2019 (11pm Timor-Leste)
We welcome and thank all applications received, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.