Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia’s efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Improving access, quality and delivery of basic services in health, education and legal identity;
- Strengthening village governance, community participation in governance as well as community-led development and;
- Creation of opportunities for off-farm employment and economic development.
The Director of Performance is responsible for ensuring that KOMPAK’s performance management framework is implemented effectively, such that KOMPAK is able to assess its performance, results and learning systematically across the program. The Director will provide leadership and management of the Cross-Cutting teams and work areas, including Performance Monitoring, Research and Analytics, Innovations, Communications and GESI.
Quality and Program Performance Management:
- Lead the implementation of KOMPAK’s performance management system to assess KOMPAK’s performance at facility and activity-levels.
- Provide direction and management oversight to the GESI, Performance Monitoring, Research and Analytics, Communications and Innovations teams to achieve goals and performance of these teams.
- Maintain performance management system and processes, including internal mechanisms for work planning and selection of activities; activity design, monitoring and evaluation; and facility-level reviews.
Research, Learning, GESI, and Innovations:
- Put into effect a learning culture that enables continuous learning and improvement of the program.
- Provide guidance on the development of a research and analytics agenda that enables KOMPAK to generate knowledge and evidence base for policy inputs and program effectiveness.
- Provide guidance on the innovations portfolio to leverage IT- and non-IT solutions for greater impact of KOMPAK’s activities.
Communications, internal and external reporting:
- Provide guidance to implementing a comprehensive communications and knowledge management strategy that promotes KOMPAK’s identity and results to all key stakeholders.
- Lead the development and act as lead author for routine and non-routine reports and documentation to DFAT and GOI, including progress reports, workplans, and DFAT-required data (PAF, APPR, Significant Policy Change, Pilot Tracking, etc) and KOMPAK responses to ad-hoc information requests from DFAT.
- Undertake other duties as required by the Team Leader, Abt Associates Contractor Representative and/or DFAT.
- Comply with Abt Associates’ and Program’s policies on gender, disability, fraud and anti-corruption, HIV and AIDS, child protection and the environment.
A Terms of Reference providing further details of the key duties is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
- More than 15 years demonstrated combined relevant education and professional experience, including 10+ years in managing and leading monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting efforts for large and complex programs, also experience in gender and special inclusion, preferable DFAT funded
- High level interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including civil society, government, donors, development partners and private sector
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to manage teams and provide colleagues with supportive advice and strengthening through mentoring and modelling
- Well-developed project management skills able to plan, manage a budget and forecasts to deliver quality activities as planned and on time
A Terms of Reference providing further details of the key requirements is available from our website at: www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
Further Information & Application
Further information in regarding to this opportunity can found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website at: http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/position_description/497/181126_IFA_Director%20of%20Performance_FINAL.pdf
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 17 December 2018
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au