- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Long Term Adviser Role
- Exciting opportunity
Abt PNG Management Services is a shared services platform implemented by Abt Associates, that supports an innovative suite of governance partnerships in Papua New Guinea. These partnerships contribute to the overarching Papua New Guinea – Australia Governance Partnership and aim to further security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans.
The partnerships supported by Abt PNG Management Services include the:
- Public Sector Leadership and Reform Partnership
- Decentralisation and Citizen Participation Partnership
- Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth Partnership
- Kokoda Initiative Partnership
- Bougainville Partnership
- PNG Partnership Fund
As a shared services platform, Abt PNG Management Services enables improved coordination and responsiveness, ability to leverage investments, management and operational cost efficiencies, consistency and standardisation, a greater capacity for sharing knowledge, analytics and learning, and performance assurance.
The Grants Specialist is responsible for providing strategic review and assessment of grant proposals and negotiating changes to proposals where necessary to ensure grants meet the program needs and are in line with relevant frameworks. The role is responsible for drafting grant agreements, securing internal/external approvals and ongoing management of grant agreements. The Grants Specialist will establish and maintain effective relationships with grant recipients and the Client and is responsible for accurate reporting and data control.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in law, social sciences, accounting, finance or a related discipline;
- Detailed knowledge of end-to-end processes for grant establishment, management and closure; with Deep understanding of Grant Agreements, compliance and audit requirements;
- Ability to provide timely, well considered advice to internal and external stakeholders for the development and design of: concept notes, proposals, design documents, budgets, work plans, implementation schedules, Monitoring & Evaluation and log frame development.
- Minimum five years professional experience in grants management and/or complex contract management; Significant experience dealing with a broad range of partner organisations including International Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), academic and research institutions, Corporations, and local & community based civil society organisations;
- Competence in undertaking due diligence and pre or post-award assessments of grant recipient organisations.
This role has been classified under the Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework as Discipline C, Level 2.
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associate's website at:
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate's website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4 January 2019 (5.00pm local time)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.