- Opportunity to work with a renowned international organisation
- Working across programs in the APAC region
- Fixed-term contract role
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for:
- Managing the achievement of key program activities including procurement, contracting, human resources, finance and logistics;
- Ensuring compliance with and continuously improving operational systems, policies and processes;
- Tracking, mitigating, managing and reporting on operational risks in support of achieving program activities; and
- Promoting value for money principles across all aspects of program operations.
- Responsibility for the quality delivery of program activities including procurement, contracting, grants management, budgets and finance, human resources (recruitment, contracting, inductions, mobilisation and demobilisation, security etc), ITC, administration and logistics;
- Ensure program teams embed and adhere to head contract, client and Abt Associates policies and procedures, as well as ISO 9001 Standards requirements;
- Continuously improve systems in support of effective program management and general business operations;
- Support tracking, reporting and invoicing against program activity budgets and head office costs; provide accurate forecasting to Head Office and entrench value for money principles within program teams;
- Tertiary qualifications preferably in international development or a relevant field
- Relevant International Development Program Management experience in the Asia Pacific
- Proven ability to prioritise and respond to a high workload in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to manage representation at a senior level with a diverse range of stakeholders
Further Information & Application
Please refer to the Terms of Reference for more information on this opportunity, which can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing all the key requirements listed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 17th December 2018 – midnight (AEST)
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au