An engaging opportunity in Abt Associates’ London office has opened for Finance Manager. The role will be fast-paced and hands-on as you help grow Abt’s finance operations in the UK and across our global programmes. This brings extensive learning opportunities across all facets of the business, and in a global, flexible working environment.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the general accounting, management reporting and costing function for Abt Britain. This role will liaise with globally based colleagues to coordinate the various financial plans and ensure they link in with the overall corporate and strategic plans. This role will also be responsible for undertaking financial reviews, forecasts and financial analysis for all business activities including bid and tender support.
- Manage the end of month reporting process and liaise with global colleagues and in-country project finance teams to ensure all deadlines are met
- Conduct reporting and financial analysis as directed
- Assist with the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain budget and forecast data
- Manage FX exposures and establish mitigation strategies
- Maintain bank accounts and banking records
- Liaise with external accountants and auditors
- Liaise with Abt's accounting team in Australia in end of month reviews and as required mid-month
- Work closely with the finance business partner to prepare fully compliant and accurate financial proposals for client tender submissions
- Contribute to strategic discussions to develop optimal technical/financial approaches for new tenders.
- Support the preparation of business development reports for management needs
- Track and analyse financial data on existing programmes to inform financial proposals
- Provide objective and relevant analysis and modelling to support the development of competitive budgets and business plans
- Support the annual long-range planning process
- Post graduate qualifications Accounting with 5-10 years' experience (preferably in dealing with international offices and stakeholders)
- CIMA/ACCA/CA or equivalent qualified, analytical thinker with the ability to add value in improving processes and systems
- Experience with DFID reporting a distinct advantage
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-finance specialists
- Corporate ERP systems - NetSuite desirable
- Strong leadership skills, collaboration and team management skills, especially in cross-cultural contexts
A Terms of Reference providing further details of the key duties is available in the Position Description section.
Further Information & Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate's website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in UK.