Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces;
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase;
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality.
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The Events Manager will provide administrative and logistical support to the Strategic Implementation Unit in organising and managing events and activities across the components of the Program. This individual will ensure the efficient implementation of events and activities to be able to achieve their successful completion. The Events manager will also be involved in liaising with Country Managers in Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar to keep track of their country-specific events and activities.
In close consultation with the Strategic Implementation Unit Manager and Component Managers assist in organising events and activities which will involve -
- Maintaining a calendar of events to ensure their efficient and effective implementation
- Developing the event requirements brief, and as basis in identifying the most appropriate and cost-effective venue for the activities
- Ensuring that necessary requirements (reading materials, room set-up, meals provision, technical equipment, stationery supplies) are provided at the event or activity venue
- Providing administrative support to Program components during the conduct of the events or activities, and ensuring that the specific event-related requirements of participants, resource persons, documenters and/or interpreters are adequately addressed
- Coordinating logistical support for pre- and post-event work, including, where necessary, preparing and sending out invitations, confirming participation, coordinating travel arrangements; ensuring suitable accommodation for speakers and participants
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
The successful candidate should fulfil the following requirements:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role of organising and coordinating events and activities of donor-funded programs
- Proven knowledge in identifying appropriate venues/facilities to be able to recommend the most suitable venue arrangements
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and attention to details
- Has an appreciation and understanding of significant requirements to successfully organise an event from preparation to finish
- Able to work in a multi-cultural work environment
- Has a logical approach in organising events and can work within tight time frames
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 31 May 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au