Partnership Coordinator – Impact Investing (Pathway 2)
- Long-term role up to June 2022
- Based in Makati, Philippines
- Competitive salary package
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces;
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase; and
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality.
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The Partnership Coordinator – Impact Investing will support the P2 team in overseeing a portfolio of impact investing partnerships and industry networks. The role will be responsible for:
- Assisting the engagement between IW and a range of strategic industry partners;
- Supporting implementation of the P2’s investor engagement strategy; and
- Contributing to IW learnings agenda on private sector partnership to promote women’s economic empowerment.
- Support the implementation and refinement of a well- targeted P2 Investment Plan (2019 – 2023)
- Support appropriate due diligence of new partners and monitor investment compliance, performance, and impact
- Support the management of impact investing partnerships and industry networks
- Support opportunities for DFAT public diplomacy and events
- Actively promote P2’s agenda at related industry forums and conferences
- Support the IW communication strategy in promoting the business case for IW
IW Program Coordination
- Coordinate technical inputs on MEL findings to help build the business case for investments in women’s SMEs.
- Contribute to P2 inputs for IW reporting (including Annual Plans), MEL reviews, and related communications material
- Understanding of the barriers to growth that women’s SMEs face in the Target Countries, and the solutions that innovative financing solutions can offer.
- Ability to proactively engage, influence, and build relationships within regional and global impact investing industry, and with women’s SMEs.
- Technical capability in research, knowledge building, and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to (a) deliver concise, intuitive communication material and (b) develop compelling knowledge products.
- Knowledge and experience working in gender equality and women’s economic empowerment in South East Asia.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with fluency in English.
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page. Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Friday 31st May 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au