Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces;
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase;
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality.
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The Content Lead/Writer/Editor is an integral member of Investing in Women (IW) and helping to ensure that the initiative meets the IW goal of women’s economic empowerment in Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines and Vietnam. The Content Lead/Writer/Editor will assist the Gender Advocacy Director and Digital Manager to develop communication/knowledge products for IW and is responsible for unique content development and maintaining adherence to the IW Style Guide and editorial standards. The role will strengthen IWs communications regionally and in the four target countries.
- Maintaining adherence to the IW Style Guide and editorial standards for external publications
- Independently developing high quality and polished content
- Writing/ editing IW publications, articles, media releases and website content
- Developing and publishing content for IW social media and digital channels
- Monitoring and strengthening quality of IW communication products including supporting all work areas and partner activities
- Supporting other communication tasks as requested
The successful candidate should fulfil the following requirements:
- Skilled writer and editor
- Advanced written and oral English language skills, with high level knowledge of Australian English grammar
- Communication and interpersonal effectiveness
- Experienced in authoring, producing and editing content
- Attention to detail, including research and analytical skills
- Qualified in journalism, media, communications, publishing, content marketing or other relevant credentials
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel, digital, social media channels and other publishing tools
- Effective communication and documentation capabilities
- Understanding of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 31 May 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au