Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The Finance Officer is responsible for a variety of financial management and administrative duties, accounting transactions, and internal controls; reporting, recording and administering IW project accounts and finances.
- Act as General Ledger accountant, and record all financial transactions for IW accounts, including all liquidations, acquittals and adjustments in NetSuite
- Reconcile all ledgers, banks and payroll to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported
- Undertake processing of accounts payable and review accounts receivables; prepare disbursement vouchers, checks and review supporting documents (e.g. invoices, receipts, folio) for all IW accounts
- Verify, review and confirm the accuracy, validity and propriety of all program expenses, including completeness and authenticity of supporting documents in compliance with established Abt and IW financial policies and procedures
- Confirm the cost codes, task codes, tax deductions where required, and arithmetical computation for each request
- Review payroll calculations and provide support to HR as required to meet payroll deadlines
- Ensure the semi-monthly payroll allocation entries are properly calculated, coded and entered appropriately into NetSuite
- Handle the e-fling and e-payment of BIR returns thru e-FPS
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounting or auditing and a good working knowledge of related computer applications in a project and corporate setting
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and disbursements relevant to donor-assisted program/contracts
- Analytical and good problem-solving skills, with strong numerical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of internal controls and how they are applied to financial and accounting processes
- Proficient with MS Office and hands-on experience with Oracle NetSuite or an equivalent accounting system
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to plan, coordinate schedules, and meet deadlines; to work with minimal supervision and prioritise workloads, and; to motivate self and contribute proactively and positively in a team environment
Further information regarding other key requirements is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 24 May 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au