Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The Driver/Office Assistant will provide logistical support to the IW program. This person will safely transport passengers and/or IW properties between CBM and its places of business; deliver and pick-up documents; and perform other errands. The job holder will assist office administration and be responsible for procurement of office supplies, processing business permits, and liaising with service providers and government offices upon line manager’s request.
Safe driving and vehicle maintenance:
- Ensure road-worthiness of vehicles at all times by regularly inspecting the physical and mechanical condition, including tires, brakes, battery, fuel, oil and other fluids
- Facilitate vehicle preventive maintenance when schedule falls due; submit recommendations on necessary repairs
- Clean the vehicle regularly; or send the vehicle for cleaning
- Ensure the presence of the emergency fire extinguisher and first-aid kit inside office vehicle at all time; monitor expiry dates of consumables and ensure timely replenishment
- Drive defensively, and strictly follow driving and traffic regulations, ensuring safety and security of self and passengers
Support to office and program management:
- Regularly clean the pantry, offices, and meeting rooms; dispose of garbage as per building administrator’s guidelines
- Post or collect mails, and attend to other messengerial requirements, including but not limited to, delivery/pickup of documents to/from banks, government agencies, and service providers
- Prompt and assist with the timely renewal of insurance and vehicle registration
- Receive deliveries of documents or goods; attend to reception of office visitors
- Help with meeting room arrangements; provide support to events manager or program staff in packing and transporting events materials as may be requested
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- A licensed driver with at least 10 years’ relevant experience, at least 3 of which as a company driver
- High school graduate with good working knowledge of the English language
- Basic knowledge of computer operation (MS Word, MS Excel, email, internet)
- Significant experience in supporting office operations (e.g., office cleaning, running errands, liaising with service providers, purchase of office supplies)
- Experience in processing business permits, office and vehicle registrations, permit and insurance renewals, etc.
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 24 May 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au