Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
The Business Coalitions Operational Support Manager will:
- Support Business Coalitions (BC) in developing robust governance systems and developing and implementing sustainable strategies that support IW goals
- Support the Director of Business Partnerships in overseeing contract compliance by BCs.
- Provide day to day support to the BC to enable them to effectively implement workplans and ensure that appropriate monitoring and reporting systems are established
- Facilitate effective communication between the BCs and operations team and strategic implementation unit at IW
- Monitor contract /grant agreements/reporting requirements and ensure BC meet deadlines, providing practical support to BC to produce appropriate financial and progress reports
- Support the development of BC annual budgets and monitor expenditure against projections
- Process tranche requests from BC in line with contract requirements
- Support the development and monitoring of BC strategic plans
- Advise on best practice in relation to governance
- In coordination with the IW MEL Team, assist BCs in developing their own MEL systems
- Assist with data gathering and compilation of reports
- Support the BC in the development and implementation of their sustainability plans
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- An experienced program manager, with minimum of 5 years’ experience in creating and monitoring strategic plans and budgets
- Exceptional organisational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Proven experience in working with international donors including producing reports and handling public diplomacy
- Proven experience of working with boards of non-profit entities
- A willingness to multitask and support activities across the 4 countries
- Experience in organisational development and managing change; experience in providing remote support preferable
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of non-profit governance best practices
Further information regarding other key requirements is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 10 June 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com