Abt Associates is a specialist international health and social sector consulting company that provides services to public and private sector clients. Abt Associates is a wholly owned Australian subsidiary of Abt Associates, regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
KOMPAK is an Australia-Indonesia government partnership supporting the Government of Indonesia's efforts in reducing poverty through improvements in basic service delivery and creating opportunities for work. KOMPAK focuses its efforts on three result areas:
- Supporting Local Governments and Service Units to better address the needs of basic service users;
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from improved village governance; and
- Supporting the poor and vulnerable to benefit from increased opportunities for employment and economic development.
The main purpose of SEPAKAT Application Developer is to make improvements and refinements to the SEPAKAT application (PHP Based Using MySQL Databases) based on the needs of Bappenas and Local Government including SEPAKAT integration with e-planning SIPD. The development process is carried out together with the World Bank team.
- Refine SEPAKAT Application planning module according to input from KOMPAK, Bappenas, and local government
- Refine SEPAKAT Application budgeting module according to input from KOMPAK, Bappenas, and local government
- Refine SEPAKAT Application monitoring module according to input from KOMPAK, Bappenas, and local government
- Refine SEPAKAT Application evaluation module according to input from KOMPAK, Bappenas, and local government
- Refine application for local government to submit data to SEPAKAT Application
- Develop integration process between SEPAKAT application with e-planning SIPD Ministry of Home Affairs
- Conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT) to test adjustments of SEPAKAT application
- Complete other tasks in accordance with the direction of the Fiscal Transfer and PFM Lead
Further information regarding other duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- Bachelor’s degree in Informatics or computer or related subject with at least 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in working in development of government or development partners application
- Experience in designing Internet-based distribution networks and developing web sites
- Proficient in PHP and object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge and experience using MySQL database and big dataset (> 50.000.000 Row Data)
- Experiences in NoSQL is a plus
- Proficient in Linux operating systems and linux command line
Further information regarding other key requirements is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
Further Information & Application Details
Further information regarding this opportunity including how to apply, can found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women and people with disabilities.
Applications close: 2 June 2019 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children. For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com