View Position Description
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team in London. The jobholder will be responsible for managing the accounting and financial compliance functions for Abt Associates as well as the Accounts Payable and Payroll functions.
- Manage the End of Month reporting process and liaise with in-country project finance teams to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Process all prepayments and accruals as necessary for end of month;
- Ensure all compliance obligations are met in all jurisdictions and maintain a compliance register;
- Manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function;
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis;
- Manage FX exposures and establish appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Maintain bank accounts and banking records and liaise with Abt to open new accounts and make changes to existing accounts;
- Calculate income tax positions in accordance with tax effect accounting standards for both historical reporting and forecasts;
- Liaise with external accountants and auditors;
- Liaise with Abt’s Accounting team in end of month reviews and as required mid-month;
- Ensure the accurate and timely payment and distribution of London managed salaries and wages as per employment contracts, organisational policies and other legislative requirements;
- Prepare, balance and reconcile, NICS, SWT, & Pension payments;
- Work with other members of the Finance team;
- VAT reporting & Reconciliation;
- Conduct ad hoc reporting and analysis as directed;
- Other duties as directed.
- Post graduate qualifications in an Accounting or equivalent qualification with 5 - 10 years' experience (preferably in Corporate business environment);
- CIMA/ACCA or equivalent qualified, analytical thinker with the ability to add value in improving processes and systems;
- Advanced Excel modelling skills;
- Strong leadership, collaboration and team management skills, especially in cross-cultural contexts.
For Further Information and Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate's website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
The closing date for applications is 31 May 2019
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in UK.
|Country / Region:
||Finance, Economics and Auditing
||Head Office (Perm)